Dedicated to the advancement of beer enjoyment
Time: August 31, 2010 from 6pm to 9:30pm
Location: U Pick 6 Beer Store
Street: 7520 Peach Street
City/Town: Erie Pa 16509
Website or Map: http://www.wqln.org/bier
Phone: (814) 434-2344
Event Type: bike, ride, /, beer, tasting
Organized By: Tom New
Latest Activity: Aug 23, 2010
Die Bier-Verfolgung (Die beer fair fowl gun) Erie a FUNdraiser for the YMCA’s Strong Kids Campaign. The event is a popular German bike riding event that ends with a beer tasting - Die Bier-Verfolgung Erie ends with a couple of glasses of the all new Magic Hat Oktoberfest! Roughly translated “Bier-Verfolgung” is “Beer Chase.”
Here’s a website with info and details - http://www.wqln.org/bier/.
And here’s how the ride will work -
• We will meet after work on Tuesday August 31 at the “U Pick 6 Beer Store” at 7520 Peach Street in Summit Township. http://www.upick6beerstore.com/
• We will register riders from 4:30pm to 5:45pm
• We will begin a 16 mile Bike Ride promptly at 6:00pm
The route of the ride will be a mystery to all bike riders.
• Clues will be given at the beginning of the ride.
• If you are successful in following the trail - at the end of your ride you will enjoy 3 samples of the all new Magic Hat Oktoberfest! Actually you will be one of the first people in Erie to try Magic Hat’s Oktoberfest! Pretty cool.
The bike ride is limited to only 60 riders. You can register on line by clicking the “register now” button. But please only register if you plan to ride – once Cassandra and I get 60 promissory emails, we will close the race.
Also please plan on paying the $20 donation to the YMCA’s Strong Kids the night of the ride – at this point, I have no way of billing.
Let’s ride into the long Labor Day weekend together – with a cool ride and a sip or two of Magic Hat Oktoberfest! Please share this email with any friends who may be interested.